Injuries can occur at any time. They can be caused by drivers not paying attention, through workplace accidents, slip and fall accidents, dog bites, or defective products, to name just a few. The challenge for many people is to be fairly compensated after these personal injuries occur.
The Value of a PI Attorney
The most effective way to ensure you receive full compensation is to work with a personal injury attorney near Providence, RI. These attorneys negotiate on your behalf with the insurance companies to attempt to settle the claim without the need to go to court. However, if the claim cannot be settled through negotiation or mediation, they are able to represent your best interests through the litigation process.
At your first meeting with a personal injury attorney near Providence, RI, bring as many documents as possible. Most attorneys provide a checklist to assist you in preparing for the meeting.
Items to bring or send to the personal injury attorney include:
• Copies of all medical documents, including bills, names of providers, addresses, and dates of all treatments
• Copies of your health insurance and vehicle insurance (for auto accidents)
• Copies of any police reports or witness statements from the accident
• Any information related to lost wages or lost time at work due to the injury/accident
• Any photos, videos, or other documentation about the accident or the injury
When in doubt, bring the documentation to the meeting. The attorney will determine if it is necessary for your case.
When you need a personal injury attorney near Providence, RI, talk to the team at DeLuca & Associates, LTD. More information on our practice areas can be found at delucaandassociates.com.